Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Thank you Tricia for sharing this today! I needed it and think I will be printing it out and putting it in a very visible place for me to see daily. It is so easy to get caught up in the moment and forget these simple truths.

I don't know about you guys, but since I have been home, I have felt like I have been wrung through the ringer. I was sooooo excited to get home to see my family and to love on them.... and then...... 

The second I got out of my car, the chaos began. Of course my little girl was excited to see me, as I was her, but so were our three dogs, my husband, all the mail that had piled up, the emails that had piled up, the housework, and the etc., etc., etc. WHEW! I walked into pure chaos! My daughter hadn't been bathed since I left, the homemade soup I had left in the fridge was untouched, the house was a mess, the dog peed on the floor as I was trying to let him out the door, my daughter wanted to show me 50 different things at one time, and my husband was continuously griping about one of our dogs not listening and how he would get rid of him, and on and on and on.

When they said to be prepared to walk back into battle, they weren't kidding. To top it off, I was so tired after the weekend, all I wanted to do was rest. So that is what I tried to do most of yesterday.

Last night I listened to some of the songs from our playlist and that helped me more than anything. Especially the song "I Am" which I have posted in the top right corner of this blog so that if you don't have it, you can listen to it too. Thank God for worship music. And THANK GOD for you! 

It is comforting knowing that I have a band of sisters to turn to. Thank you for being a part of my life!

Now for good news. I am designing a t-shirt that was inspired by Captivating. When I get it done, I will post a picture of it and would love your input/suggestions. Once I get them printed the idea is to sell them and then give the proceeds to sponsor women so that they can go to Captivating. What do you think? 

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. Love you!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment